9 Important Ergonomic Features People Might Not Know About
By Team Altus | Published Jul 02, 2019 | 2 MIN READ
The science of ergonomics is about designing equipment and tools to fit the user in order to create a safe and healthy work environment.
Ergonomic workstation on wheels are built with features designed to improve posture, offer correct support and increase productivity.
Here are 9 important ergonomic features people might not know about:
- A sturdy work surface with no wobble
- Ambidextrous mouse station
- A large enough workspace to place a monitor, keyboard, and mouse Infront of the user. Not enough a room? Utilize a smooth, adjustable pullout tray.
- The monitor should be an arm's length away
- Arms should be parallel to the floor while typing and using the mouse - height adjustability to match the user is a must!
- Work accessories should be readily available for use with minimal bending
- Padded wrist pads should be placed in front of the keyboard.
- Computer filter monitors reduce strain to the user’s eyes
- A typing stand can reduce strain on the user's neck while transcribing documents.