We’re living in a mobile world where it’s important to understand just how mobile your computer cart on wheels are! Luckily, Altus has the answer.
When does it make sense to use a powered medical cart and when is a non-powered laptop cart ‘good enough’?
Start by asking yourself a few questions to see if you need a powered mobile cart:
- Do you use an EMR for data entry and documentation?
- Do you need your carts to be mobile and not tied to a wall plug?
- Do you need continuous power to ensure your computer and accessories last an entire shift?
Answered yes to one or all of these questions? Then a powered mobile workstation is the best option for you!
If you and your staff are mobile, moving from patient room to patient room, then an Altus powered medical grade cart on wheels is the right solution for you. Clio’s lightweight performance LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery technology is the most durable, reliable and safest battery technology available. Altus powered technology workstations deliver point of care for caregivers in a simple yet effortless way. Whether sitting or standing, patient interaction is facilitated through this family’s calming aesthetic. Altus re-establishes the standard for powered carts.
An onboard battery allows you to power your technology components without continuously plugging into the wall. With a 14 hour (based on constant 30-40W output) runtime. You’ll be able to last an entire shift without needed to keep the cart stationary to charge.
When you do need to plug in the cart, you can maintain an uninterrupted workflow using onboard charging through wall outlet power. The system powers both the technology components and recharges the battery simultaneously. With a 10 Amp charger, your cart's battery can be charged within 2 hours, keeping you running while you recharge.
Powered carts put the convenience of a wall plug at your fingertips with the flexibility and convenience of mobile carts.
When are powered carts overkill and non-powered carts work just fine?
- Can you plug in your laptop or computer every few hours?
- Do you have downtime to let your computer charge?
- Does your laptop’s power last your entire shift without needing to be charged?
If you answered yes to the above questions than it might make more sense for you to go with a non-powered mobile Altus computer cart. Altus’ non-powered mobile computer workstation family bring beauty, strength, and performance to mobile medical carts. These carts help caregivers deliver point of care in a simple yet effortless way. Whether sitting or standing, patient interaction is facilitated through effortless adjustability and mobility. Altus re-establishes the standard for non-powered carts.
Fortunately for caregivers’, Altus’ mobile technology carts and wall-mounts offer
both manual and electric lift systems that with one step height adjustment, place
them in an ideal ergonomic position with little effort.
Altus provides world-class technology workstations and now offers one of the most innovative, ergonomic, and secure med delivery solutions on the market. ClioMed is the most ergonomic EMR medication delivery solution on the market. Coupled with unsurpassed security with individual locking drawersand an intuitive design, clinicians will experience improved workflow while increasing patient satisfaction. ClioMed re-establishes the standard for EMR medication delivery.
Altus provides world class technology workstations and now offers one of the most innovative med delivery solutions on the market. As of July 15, 2017, Altus officially launched the RediMed wall-mounted med delivery solution. RediMed provides medication delivery at or near the point of care.
Thanks to everyone who came out to visit our booth at ANIA 2017 in New Orleans!
Beauty. Strength. Power.
Work, without interruption.
Altus' Clio carts are the most powerful cart in our offering. Not only do these carts last an entire shift*, they include easy to read LED battery light indicators and Cliocare, to give you the exact time remaining on your battery down to the minute.
Quick View LED Lights
Easy to see from a distance, these LED lights will give you a quick snapshot of the carts battery life.
View the exact time remaining on your cart along with your batteries health and load. Simply minimize when you don't need it.
Cart servicers are able to view any cart on the LAN via Ethernet, giving real time diagnostics and audits - making service and PM a breeze.
These features are built-in to every Clio!
*Clio batteries provide 14-hours of run-time, assuming a constant 40W output.
It was great to see so many of you in Orlando, FL this year!
Altus showcased a variety of products including out Kidney Cart designed for the Microsoft Surface , various versions of our Sightline Carts providing the ideal sightline for clinicians during transit and while providing care, and for the FIRST TIME Altus provided a 'sneak peak' at the up and coming Med Delivery portfolio...More details coming soon!!
If you were there, thanks for stopping by, if not, take advantage of our Free Evaluation program to see the exact product you need at your facility!
Too see more images, follow us on Social Media:
Stop by our booth to see:
- Carts designed specifically for clinician comfort and ease of use. Our sightline carts provide a 'laptop-like' look and feel while accommodating new technology requirements.
- Efficient work platforms for technology such as the Microsoft Surface Pro.
- The most comprehensive powered cart portfolio on the market, ensuring you get the right solution for your workflow.
- And MORE!
This blog article was orginally posted on CME's website. To view the original article please click here:
Bringing technology to the point-of-care via wall mounts and carts has revolutionized the art of caregiving. However, a flawed application of technology workstations can negatively impact the perceived care provided. Hospitals that took the time to fully understand the workflow within their healthcare setting, surveyed the environment, and implemented technology as a part of the caregiving conversation saw patient satisfaction scores rise by 12%.*
Here are some tips to make sure you are installing technology in the right places, the right way:
1. Understand the Clinician Workflow.
- Is the computer being used as a shared resource or dedicated to one room/patient? Shared resources often need to be mobile, bringing in the importance of ergonomics and on-board power solutions.
- Will there be ‘down-time’ allotted to plug technology in to charge? If the product is not tethered to the wall in one room, understanding the ability to plug-in the cart to recharge or having the ability the hot-swap a battery will provide the clinicians with an un-interrupted workflow.
2. Technology workstations should be a part of the conversation.
- Can the patient engage with the care plan? The triangle-of-care is vital to ensure the conversation between a patient, the clinician and the technology are seamless. If care plans are being shared with patients, tools that allow for sharing screens such as swiveling monitors help break down barriers.
- Will the patient feel comfortable conversing with the clinician? Eye-to-eye contact at the patient’s level can help relieve anxiety and improve a patient’s perception of the visit. Sit-to-stand workstations allow for clinicians to adapt to various exam rooms and patient spaces.
3. Always remember, caregiving is the number one priority.
- How many touchpoints before the technology ‘fits’ the clinician? If it takes more than 5 seconds to do, it takes too long! Monitor adjustments, sit-to-stand mechanisms and accessories should be intuitive and easy to use. The quicker they can adjust their technology, the less a patient waits.
- If it were your desk, would you work at it? Although a patient floor may look different than your office, it is still a very important work space. Clinician comfort through soft wrists for longer data entry, lighted keyboards for dim environments and lightweight carts can lead to a healthier and happier nurse.
If you take the time specifying the right solution for the clinicians, it might as well be the right one the first time around! Working through these questions can help discern if you are on the right track. Altus is a manufacturer of technology workstation solutions who not only provides products meeting all of the necessary criteria, but also focuses on consulting with each department on their workflow to ensure the right solution is deployed in the right way. Healthcare environments have a wide range of challenges and thus they have designed their workstations to enable optimized mobility, adjust-ability, and clinician well-being.
All new sightline mobile workstation powered cart offerings from Altus
Don't miss our upcoming webinar to learn about our new sightline cart with the Clio and Clio Plus power system!